If this isn’t a story to share, then I don’t know what is!
This Over the course of Friday, October 22nd and Saturday, October 23rd, Hasbro presented their “PulseCon” event, where their highlight their new product offerings, while giving consumers the opportunity to pre-order those items at the end of the day.
For G.I.Joe fans, today was truly glorious as it literally had something for everyone. Although the G.I.Joe Classified and vintage O-Ring (yes, vintage 3.75″ O-RING!) offerings are to be celebrated, this post is about something very particular and absolutely spectacular – a vintage G.I.Joe Skystriker!
Not only is this iconic vehicle making a comeback, but it’s doing so in the form of G.I.Joe’s first HasLab offering! Here’s the scoop –
Throwback: the early 80s. The hair is high and so is the volume of the music coming out of the boombox speakers. You’ve just discovered the coolest cartoon ever made, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. You can’t get enough of it. Will the Joes finally be able to defeat Cobra once and for all?!? You’ll happily help the cause by setting up elaborate missions with your favorite action figures, played out in sandboxes, swimming pools, backyards, and bedrooms. The only thing missing from your epic adventures is the baddest combat jet known to any Joe: the Skystriker. It’s time to fulfill — or relive if you were one of the lucky ones — your childhood dreams.
That’s right. It’s the 21st century now and for G.I. Joe’s first ever HasLab we are bringing the afterburner-level heat and re-issuing the Skystriker with some awesome modern updates and incredible, exclusive unlocks. All to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. Sure, the Skystriker has been done before (and it’s awesome every time) but never like this. Only with modern technology are we able evolve this classic combat jet by adding the most precise detail and design to bring it from the 80s to the FUTURE. Because the future is now.
The Skystriker isn’t the only incredible item you’ll be able to display in your G.I. Joe collection when you fund this HasLab. You’ll also get two o-ring figures with HasLab exclusive deco – Ace and Wayne Ruthel! The original fighter pilot, Ace, looks just as you remember him in a traditional deco scheme. And Wayne Ruthel has deco designed to call back to the original Skystriker packaging. If these two legendary action figures aren’t enough to blow your mind, we have even more to add!
You’ll be able to unlock up to 3 different tiers with even more exclusively decoed o-ring action figures and accessories, including Scarlett in a flight suit for the first time ever, Rip Cord in Night Force colors, and 2 Pit Crew members to man the runway vehicles. Fund this project today to start fighting for freedom wherever there’s trouble!
Top Secret Mission Revealed
Yo Joe! Climb aboard the Skystriker with Scarlet and Duke to defend The Pit while evading Cobra pilots’ attempts to destroy your base. That’s a mission to remember. So memorable, our designers were inspired by this exact moment in animated history to create this HasLab. There’s no G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero without the Skystriker. A fundamental part of the G.I. Joe world, the Skystriker reminds us of pure childhood joy. Our designers understand this because they aren’t solely talented toy creators, they are massive fans too (so are us nerds writing this). They knew we needed to release a vehicle just as iconic as the o-ring figures we’re bringing back for the 40th anniversary.
You’ll be able to see the attention to detail and design that only a true fan could master. We remember when these magnificent jets were coveted by kids everywhere, because we were those kids. Some were lucky enough to own one, but some had to imagine the G.I. Joe battle scenarios without one. Not anymore. Today’s the day you can finally own a brand new Skystriker to display front and center in your G.I. Joe collection. Made by fans, for fans!
Already owning a Skystriker shouldn’t stop you from funding this HasLab; we’ve got some incredible additions…
Knowing is Half the Battle
This Skystriker is clearly a special mission for us. Bringing the loyal battalion of Joes something with both style and substance is our top objective, and we really went for it. As one of our designers said, “we went berserk on this thing”.
Initiate the Mission: 10,000 backers needed to successfully fund
- The Skystriker soars into action with over 200 deco ops!
- You’ll immediately notice the quality of engineering, right down to the moveable joystick in the cockpit.
- The cockpit isn’t the only feature to get an update. There are all new functioning landing levers, one for landing gear and one for wings, swappable black tail fins to match the packaging art, a useable tow hook, and multiple options for dog bone pins to customize weapon load out.
- The sculptural integrity is miles ahead of previous Skystriker This combat jet is made to last.
- It’s customizable! The Skystriker comes with different sets of high-quality decals. One set to look like the Skystriker we know and love, and one to look like an F-14 Tomcat! Plus, additional stickers of the pilot’s names to put on the window for that extra personalized touch. AND a second canopy to decorate the heck out of with all those stickers.
This is YOUR Skystriker; show the world.
- No combat jet can be ever ready without a re-fueler tank and ammo cart. With new deco and pit crew design, the re-fueler tank and ammo cart are prepared to aid the Skystriker on any missions.
- Bring your G.I. Joe battle display to the next level with an arsenal of blast effects pieces and missiles. The showdown display possibilities are nearly endless.
- Pose your favorite figures doing some maintenance work on the Skystriker with the included ladder and fuel tanks.
- Pose the Skystriker at multiple death-defying angles with the jet stand and recreate scenes from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and your childhood.
The 3 3/4 – inch, O-Ring Figures
- The original combat pilot, the o-ring Ace action figure is here and reporting for duty in his original deco
- Adding to the nostalgic, the o-ring Wayne Ruthel co-pilot action figure is included as an homage the character look inspired by the original art on the Skystriker
- Plus, two fabric parachutes for all those “tossing out of the treehouse” needs
Critical Mission Support:
More Backers, More Possibilities
Not quite endless, but definitely epic.
There are 3 possible additions to this combat crew, upping the worldbuilding potential of this HasLab to new heights.
Unlock 1 – 13,000 backers
Scarlett O-Ring Action Figure in Flight Suit
Don’t mess with Scarlett unless you’re ready for a heck of a fight. Clad in the iconic flight suit she wore when she first burst onto the G.I. Joe: A Real American here scene, o-ring Scarlett comes with a crossbow accessory to maximize her action capabilities. Never created before, and exclusive to this HasLab, o-ring Scarlett gives is a modern throwback to Real American Hero.
Unlock 2 – 16,000 backers
Rip Cord O-Ring Action Figure in Night Force Colors
You can’t keep o-ring Rip Cord down. This airborne infantry demolitions specialist in Night Force colors has never been created before and is exclusive to this HasLab. Nothing rattles Rip Cord, maybe that’s because he’s always ready. This O-Ring Rip Cord figure comes with multiple accessories that mirror the original action figure, like re-breather, helmet, and parachute backpack.
Unlock 3 – 18,000 backers
2 Pit Crew O-Ring Action Figures & Cloth Parachutes
The Pit Crew is here! These newly created HasLab o-ring Pit Crew action figures bring you back to where G.I. Joe began with design and deco exclusive to this project. Picture them waving in the Skystriker from another successful mission with their ground crew wands accessories. This attention to detail and design helps create that sense of military precision we love to see at The Pit.
You can get your pledge in here: HasLab G.I.Joe Skystriker – Surveillance Port
How many will you be adding to your hangar?