Many thanks to Udana W. aka SilverOptimus for details on a new G.I.Joe console game that has been revealed via the Australian Classification website.
The game, titled G.I.Joe: Operation Blackout, has been given an M for violence rating, which is sure to please the adult collector everywhere.
Maxium games, the publisher for the game, has released titles such as A Plague Tale: Innocence, Greedfall, Warhammer: Chaosbane and Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, to name a few. Here’s the scoop from the classification page on the game:
- Classification date: 25 June 2020
- Year of production: 2020
- Classification: M
- Consumer advice: Violence
- Category: Computer Games
- Category detail: Computer Games
- Media type: Multi Platform
- Version: ORIGINAL
- Duration: Variable
- Author: GAMEMILL ENTERTAINMENT
- Publisher: MAXIMUM GAMES
- Production company: Not Specified
- Country of origin: USA
- Language: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch
- Applicant: Maximum Games Ltd
- File number: T20/2265
- Classification number: 289656
- Alternative titles: Not Specified
- Themes: Mild Impact
- Violence: Moderate Impact
- Language: Very Mild Impact
- Drug Use: None
- Nudity: None
- Sex: None
The content is moderate in impact. Films and computer games classified M (Mature) contain content of a moderate impact. M-rated films and computer games are not recommended for children under the age of 15. They include portrayals of elements such as violence and themes that require a mature outlook. However, children under the age of 15 may legally access this material as the classification rating is an advisory category. Parents, teachers and guardians may need to find out more about the specific content before deciding whether the material is suitable for children in their care.
I’m very curious to see what comes of this. Fans of the franchise have been clamoring for a Call of Duty style game for ages. Could this finally be a G.I.Joe game with a bit of bite to it? Well find out soon enough!