The awesome folks at TeccoToys have revealed the last offering in their printable bot action figure series. The M.A.E.V. is now available on Gumroad! Check it out –
Introducing the M.A.E.V. (Mechanical Astro Engineering Vehicle)
please read the description below!
The M.A.E.V. is an autonomous engineering, construction and maintenance bot, used in maintenance duty on space stations, space ships and communication relays throughout the solar system.
1/35 scale printable parts, snap fit assembly, no glue required!
If you do not own or have immediate access to a printer, here’s a list of online 3D printing services you can use:
- We highly recommend to choose SLA or DLP printers!
- FDM prints usually do not show the intricate detail.
- If you want to use online print services like Shapeways, please use the small STL files to allow for their file size limit.
- The Form files are readymade: ideal part orientation + support structures are already in place.
- Made to print with GreyV4 resin, 0.05mm layer height.
- If you are printing on a Form2/Form3, I recommend the following procedure:
- Use the standard grey resins.
After the Isopropanol wash, leave the parts out to dry for at least 6-12 hours (normal room temperature, no direct sunlight!), that way the surface is hard enough as to not rub off during assembly, yet the parts still have enough flexibility.
The joint fits are quite tight in the beginning, so make sure to wiggle the parts together slowly and carefully to avoid breaking parts. Optionally, you can airbrush or paint the parts before assembly for easier masking.
The Grey resin tends to shrink over time (the process goes on several weeks after print) until it has fully settled it’s properties.
If the joints come loose, use small portions of modelling clay, like super sculpey to fill in the gaps.
Have fun with them 🙂
License: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0
The M.A.E.V. is another ingenious offering from the folks at TeccoToys! Will you be printing this new piece of mech hardware for your AoM collection?
Pingback: TeccoToys Reveals New Astro Engineer Printable Figure – Surveillance Port