Hasbro has completed their Third Quarter 2018 Earnings Conference call and have shared the details of the call online. Needless to say, the Toys’R’Us debacle was quite the sucker punch to Hasbro’s bottom line. Bulletpoint takeaways include:
- Third quarter 2018 revenues of $1.57 billion;
- U.S. and Canada segment revenues down 7%; International segment revenues down 24%; Entertainment and Licensing revenues up 45%;
- Operating profit margin of 20.0% versus 20.1% in third quarter 2017;
- Reported net earnings of $263.9 million, or $2.06 per diluted share;
- $907.1 million in cash at quarter end; Returned $159.5 million to shareholders in the quarter, including $80.0 million in dividends and $79.5 million in share repurchases.
Alongside the information above, a full array of information from the conference call has been made available.
- Hasbro 3rd Quarter 2018 Earnings Conference Call Audio
- Hasbro Q3 Earnings Presentation
- Hasbro Q3 Earnings Infographic
- Hasbro Investor – Hasbro Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Hasbro Q3 18 Earnings Management Remarks
We’ll have to see what, if any impact locations such as the proposed KB Toys relaunch and Geoffrey’s Toy Box will have for Hasbro.
*Insert tongue-in-cheek comment about revenue being down from lack of G.I.Joe product here*